South Dakota poetry is the specialty of David Allan Evans, prolific author of poems, essays, and short stories. The former South Dakota Poet Laureate, Evans weaves his poetic thoughts into his various works.
- Nantong: The Moth
- Hangzhou: Government Market
- Near Yichang on the Yangtze: Entering the Locks
- “The Strong Are Without Ambition” – Lao Tzu
- the Story of Lava
- The Man in the Rendering Room
- Next Morning
- The Poem I Couldn’t Write
- Saturday Morning
- Girl Riding A Horse in a Field of Sunflowers
- From the Pole Vaulter’s Bluff
- Poetry and Sport
- Stone Age Football
- Why Teach Art?
- Evolution and Literature